Avoid the heat of non-compliance!
As you are aware, all housing associations have a legal obligation to makes sure all properties conform to current fire regulations.
The most important actions include having working smoke and heat detection systems. Social housing landlords are required to have at least one smoke alarm installed on every storey of their properties and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room containing a solid fuel burning appliance. After that, the landlord must make sure the alarms are in working order at the start of each new tenancy.
Are your fire doors compliant with the latest regulations? Are all your door frames, cold smoke and intumescent strips, hinges and door closures compliant?
One of the main issues we have seen are people painting over cold smoke intumescent strips and rendering them non-compliant. In other instances, we’ve seen door closures being removed.
Our main service includes:
- System assessments and surveys
- Fire stopping measures are in place and up to latest standards. Heat detectors and smoke alarms installed, tested and operational
- Door closer testing and replacement and full door hardware compliance
- Installing cold smoke and intumescent strips
- Door checks and door gap compliance
- We can also provide ‘Safety Bundle Packs’ for on site carers in one easy-to-use package.
… from immediate action plan requirements through to bringing procedures in line with best practice.
We are providing these services for housing associations with sheltered accommodation as part of their housing stock.